Blog Archive

Friday, May 5, 2017

See the USA in your Chevrolet


This is the last post showing how I decorated the family room in a Travel theme for the summer......I am finally finished!    


Before I give you a tour of the family room,   I wanted to share the gorgeous canvas print the my daughter and family gave me for my birthday.      Yes,   I celebrated a birthday recently......and no,   I won't tell you how old I am....lol!


I'm calling this post  "See the USA in your Chevrolet"     This was the theme song on the Dinha Shore Chevy Show back in the 50's.    If you've never heard the song.....you must!     I've been humming it all morning while I put this post together!


I raided H's collection of cars and borrowed his Chevy lamp for my travel decor.      I decided I didn't want to use his yellow and white Chevy on the end table,  and later moved it to......


The mantel!  
Don't you like it better here?    When I was a Senior in High School,   I drove a white Chevy like the one on the right......I thought I looked pretty cool back then....lol!


I replaced the white and yellow Chevy with this SS,  but later decided I didn't like it either and put it away.    I finally decided that I liked the lamp just by itself.


H bought this lamp at a yard sale many years ago......


I embellished the shade a little!


This is H's chair.
I have two end tables pushed together because he need's lots of room for all his "stuff"


You can also  "See the USA"   driving a pink Caddy!


I covered a pillow with the same fabric that I used on the coffee table for H to put behind his back and a Believe pillow for behind his neck.


This is my chair.    You can see I need two tables by my chair too!     I have them cleaned off for the photo,  but usually I have all my 'stuff" scattered around.
    You have seen many tablescapes on the family room dining table behind my chair,  but most of the time it is cleared off like it is now because we eat there most meals when Ky is staying with us.   When it's just H and me,  we eat in our chairs.


Now for a tour around the family room.    If you missed my post on the mantel,   here is a link to it  (it won't have the cars because I just added them this morning)......http://penny-pennystreasures.blogspot.com/2017/04/maps-on-mantel.html


If you missed my post on the Train decor in the TV armoire,   here is a link to it.......http://penny-pennystreasures.blogspot.com/2017/05/traveling-by-train-vignette.html


If you missed the post I did about the vignette on the piano,   here is a link to it......http://penny-pennystreasures.blogspot.com/2017/04/travel-themed-decor-in-family-room.html


And if you missed my link to how I decoupaged my globe  ( it won't have the car in those photo's because I just added it this morning)   here is the link to that post.......http://penny-pennystreasures.blogspot.com/2017/04/shabby-chic-world-globe.html
 

I am asked often  "what do you do with all those pillows" 


I like to keep the pillows on the sofa when it's just H and I,    but when we need more seating,  I tuck them in the shelves on the end table like you see in the photo on the right.          









24 comments:

  1. You have a great taste!! Love love love those pillows, and the window behind the sofa looks gorgeous. Happy belated birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is amzing how you made a travel theme fit in your decor. I have several of the large old Chevy see the usa advertising booklets with pages of the old cars. They are cool. Dinah did ad photos for my late fil when she was a brunette. I don't have any of those pics anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a light and airy and happy room! I do love your theme and it works amazingly well there. I love the canvas your daughter gave you -- and it is beautifully placed and look perfect there! ~jeanie from Marmelade Gypsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pink caddy is adorable. I love the new theme of your romantic decors
    Hugs Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the pink! Looks really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How long do you leave each "theme" in place? Will it change for July 4th or will your travel theme stay up..it is so cute, but I've already told you that. Always adorable and so unique. I never fail to wonder how you do it all..it's just fascinating. I love my visits.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So adorable. Now for some reason I want to travel!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The whole room looks great! You make me want a travel theme.
    :) gwingal

    ReplyDelete
  9. So nice to know that there are other people who remember Dinah Shore. Loved her but preferred Loretta Young opening the door and twirling into the room and who didn't swoon when Perry Como sat on that tall stool and sang.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So love your home! Just beautiful! hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun post! I'll be humming with Dinah Shore the rest of the day! Happy Monday

    ReplyDelete
  12. A great decorating theme... with fun accessories and map photos.

    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  13. First off I have to tell you I love the globe. You brought back so many memories by the title. The Dinah Shore show was a must see tv show back in the day. The travel vignette is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like you're ready to "hit the road". Sounds like fun! Thanks for sharing at Dishing It & Digging It! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. That looks so cool. Thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I loved the romantic, homey feel of your room. I LOVE pink roses and collect old plates, tins, pictures, etc. Most is stored in boxes waiting for a wave of creativity like you have shown. Great to incorporate H's hobby into your decor.

    ReplyDelete
  17. How cute Penny! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your use of the vintage cars on the mantel with the silhouette of the USA. The fabric is lovely. It all came together so beautifully. Thank you for sharing at the Snickerdoodle Create~Bake~Make link party!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy belated Birthday! Love the canvas print. I really like the floral USA wooden map cutout. Everything just looks so nice, too nice to live in. Looks like a dollhouse :) Thank you Penny for attending the #WednesdayAIMLinkParty. I shared your post.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a fun theme! Now I've got that tune in my head and will be humming it for a long time. Thanks for the memories!

    ReplyDelete
  21. So pretty and fun with the cars and travel theme! Thank you for sharing at Ravenwould.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the lovely touches in your rooms Penny

    ReplyDelete
  23. Crossing the country in the Chevelle SS. Those were the days let me tell ya lol. Your decor always tells such a pretty story.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi,
    Thank you for coming to the Blogger's Pit Stop.
    Janice, Pit Stop Crew

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!