Blog Archive

Monday, December 10, 2012

Memory Lane Christmas


The formal dining room is where Christmas "happens" at our home!  We eat here, play board games and cards games....just have fun!  I have it decorated with the theme "Christmas is for Kids...Big  and small"  I have a post with the table decorated for Christmas dinner here
http://penny-pennystreasures.blogspot.com/2012/12/christmas-is-for-kidsbig-or-small.html



Over the buffet,  is a large wreath that I made several years ago....

On the buffet, is a motionette Santa...

And his reindeer, with her fur wrap on! 



Here is Elf Santa with a magazine Christmas tree that I made...

Also on the buffet is this mouse car...the kids love it when H turns it on...it goes up and down!

I have a Christmas tree on each side of the buffet. This is an "outside tree" with green lights.  For the tree skirt, I used a round tablecloth  that my mother made back in the 60's....

The tree has lots of  Santa ornaments and Santa heads...

This is the view when we are sitting at the table... 

On the other side of the buffet is the "Memory Tree"

It has lots of vintage ornaments ....

I have 'bundles" of vintage lights...

It even has some vintage toys on it...

I love to use these vintage "lit" pieces in the tree...



Remember these old plastic snowman wind chimes?

I used the vintage style lights and tinsel garland...

Vintage angels...

Pelican pull toy and vintage tree lights...

Handmade 60's Christmas couple..

And a big lit outdoor Santa!

Here are a couple of close ups of the wreath...


Merry Christmas!

I am joining these parties

http://jannolson.blogspot.com/2012/12/creating-christmas-partyvintage-decor.html

Photobucket
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia Holiday

Today's Creative BlogHome Stories A2Z
Photobucket
PJH Designs
A Bowl Full of LemonsA Diamond in the Stuffhomework



House on the Way
The DIY DreamerDixie n DottieTuesday To Do Party



{Primp}





Life on Lakeshore Drive


DIY Show Off DIY Holiday Highlights
Ivy and Elephants
A Delightsome Life
Adorned From AbovePhotobucketHookingupwithHoH
Photobucket

The 36th AVENUERooted In Thyme
shabby creek cottage

katherines corner


Photobucketvif187
PhotobucketTidyMom Wait Til Your Father Gets HomeWhipperberryThe Shabby NestSixSistersStuff.com
Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special
Or so she saysPhotobucket

28 comments:

  1. Oooh Penny... I never know where to start with my comments... there is sooo much to see!... love love love it all!... your wreath out of vintage ornaments is just stunning, and I love the little mouse car... it all reminds me of when I was a little girl and my mama would take us into the large department stores in Salt Lake City at Christmas time... Auerbachs, ZCMI, the Paris... they all looked like winter wonderlands... and so does your beautiful home!... and I love the thoughts and memories that go into everything you do... to me, those are the most precious of all... xoxo Julie Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That wreath is amazing, Penny. You have so many, many beautiful things. I'll bet people coming into your home the first time are just amazed to see all your beautiful things. Love it all- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Penny!! Okay, now THAT wreath is amazing!! I am going to have to try to make me one of those!!
    I just love everything in this post!! The kids must just love this room and your whole house for that matter!!
    Love all the vintage things!!
    ABSOLUTELY AMAZING,GIRL!!!

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dining room decor is so cute and charming! I'm sure you do have a lot of fun in there.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  5. That wreath is just amazing, love it! Hope you are having a wonderful holiday season so far, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, everything is so beautiful. Totally a fairtale wonderland of ornaments, lights and memories. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! This is amazing! It must have taken you so long to put it all out, but what a joy to look at!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That wreath with all the vintage ornaments on your mirror is just lovely--thank you so much for sharing it all with us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Penny, I love all your vintage decorations. They bring back many memories for me as well. Your home looks beautiful and full of Christmas!

    Linda @ the French Hen's Nest

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all the vintage decorations! The wreath and Santa with his sled and reindeer are my favorites!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Penny as always I have loved looking at your Christmas decor. Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! You have an awesome Christmas decors in your home. I love all the vintage decorations too! My Quezon City condo for rentneeds some decors like this. Thanks for sharing this inspiring photos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! The wreath is gorgeous, but so is all the rest of the decorations. Very pretty. Thanks for sharing. Karie

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your wreath with such brilliant colors, and decorating for "kids" is such a great idea. I know everyone must enjoy all that you have displayed. What fun! And when I saw your magazine tree, my heart just melted! What a wonderful childhood memory! I'm going to have to see about making one now.....Thanks for sharing such a fabulous Christmas room.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an incredibly beautiful wreath! You have created a winter wonderland in your lovely dining room. I can understand why this is the room you spend time with family in. What a magical, happy place!
    Blessings and A very Merry Christmas!
    Carolynn

    ReplyDelete
  16. Penny that wreath is beyond amazing and I LOVE your blow molds! I have been wanting a vintage Santa one for some time now but just haven't found one. Thanx for joining THT. It is always a pleasure to have you stop by.

    ReplyDelete
  17. 1 word - Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just found your blog. Your wreath is amazing! Everything is beautiful. Elizabeth H

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Penny! Oh, your wreath is just so beautiful! I made a similar one but mine doesn't have the sweet little vintage cuties in it.
    Your entire room is just gorgeous.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awe - love that the reindeer has her own fur shawl on. Cute.

    I'm stopping by from Katherine's Corner blog hop.

    Happy Favorite Things Thursday!

    http://artpark78.com/blog1/i-made-my-2012-holiday-wreath/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Penny, Thank you so much for sharing this inspiring post at Simple & Sweet Fridays! I absolutely love your Christmas ornament wreath, it's gorgeous!

    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my goodness, Penny, your dining room is amazing! The wreath you made is gorgeous, and that Memory Tree is just so very special. I'm definitely dating myself, but I remember many of your vintage ornaments on my Grandmother's tree at Christmas -- sniff, sniff, it really brings back memories!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love all of the vintage touches! thank you so much for linking this up!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. It's fun to reminisce each year when pulling out the ornaments. :)

    Thank you for partying with the Wildly Original Crowd.
    <3 Christina at I Gotta Create!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such a pretty wreath!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Stacey of Embracing Change

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh my gosh! To be in this room would be like being a kid in a candy store. So much eye candy! I collect old tin toys and have thought about doing a tree with them some year. Just a whole lot of fun going on here! Thanks so much for sharing with "Creating Christmas". I am sure it was probably just an over sight sweetie, but I did not see my button or a link on either post.
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hey Penny,
    I love all of you decorations. Everything is so pretty. Thanks so much for sharing at Wednesday's Adorned From Above Blog Hop. This weeks party will be live at midnight. I hope to see you there.
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com
    Debi @ Adorned From Above
    Joye and Myrna @ The Busy Bee's
    Linda @ With A Blast

    ReplyDelete
  28. Vintage is the best!! Thanks for linking up your Christmas decor at Think Tank Thursday. This week's party is up and running.
    http://www.saving4six.com/2013/01/welcome-to-think-tank-thursday-11.html

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!